Pages

Friday, October 31, 2008

TV Watching and Internet Use Complement Each Other

"According to a new Nielsen report, the more Internet you use, the more TV you watch; 31 percent of in-home Internet activity takes place while the user watches TV. (emailed release)" I look forward to learning more about this report. I never expected to hear that this was a zero sum game; rather, it paves the way for more interactivity on the TV set. Today, I am able to size a TV screen on one portion of my monitor as I surf through the web or work on an excel spreadsheet, the sound of CNBC announcers on my speakers. When I need to answer the phone or watch a video, I simply mute the TV sound. I was raised to multitask and expect that the younger generation is even more adept at it. In fact, I am only surprised that the research doesn't indicate an even higher percentage of simultaneous usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment